clouddirect℠ Cloud Connectivity
Secure Connectivity to AWS, Azure, & Other Public Clouds
Looking to move from colocation to the cloud? 365 can help, either moving data or applications to our own cloud or securely connecting you directly to your chosen public cloud provider. This allows you to operate a fully scalable hybrid solution, moving necessary applications into the cloud while leveraging colocation for compliance-sensitive data or disaster recovery. This helps you keep costs low and maintain low latencies, due to the proximity of our edge data centers to major metro areas across the country.
365 Data Centers is your on-ramp to the cloud. With our CloudDirect℠ cloud connectivity service, 365 provides a cost-effective, secure, and private connection to your Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other major public clouds. This allows you to leverage hybrid workloads, leveraging colocation and cloud together or host geodiverse storage across multiple environments while ensuring low latencies.
Benefits of 365 Data Centers CloudDirect℠
- Reduces Your Bandwidth Costs: You can reduce your bandwidth commitment to your Internet service provider by transferring data to and from the cloud directly. All data transferred over your dedicated connection is charged at the reduced data transfer rate.
- Consistent Network Performance: You choose the data that utilizes the dedicated connection and how that data is routed which can provide a more consistent network experience over Internet-based connections.
- Compatible with all AWS & Azure Services: 365 Data Centers works with all AWS & Azure services that are accessible over the Internet.
- Private Connectivity to your VPC: You can use 365 Data Centers’ cloud connectivity services to establish one or more private logical connections between your on-premise network and your VPC while maintaining network isolation.
- Elastic: This service allows for connections of 10 Mbps to 10Gbps, and you can easily provision multiple connections if you need more capacity. You can also use these services instead of establishing your own VPN connection.
Contact 365 Data Centers Today
Virtual LAN Link
- Connectivity to AWS Direct Connect and Microsoft ExpressRoute via an existing Metro Ethernet over Fiber service from 365 Data Centers.
- Cost-effective option for lower traffic users that need a secure connection.
- Can be layered on existing 365 Data Centers connectivity without the need to add capacity to the existing service. (Traffic on a VLL cannot exceed the speed of your existing 365 Data Center connection and does not add capacity to your Metro Ethernet services.)
- Simultaneous access to both AWS Direct Connect/Microsoft ExpressRoute and the public Internet via 365’s Metro Ethernet network.
- Can be partitioned into multiple virtual interfaces, using industry standard 802.1q VLANs, allowing you to access separate public and private resources over the same physical connection.
- . All data transferred over your dedicated connection is charged at the reduced data transfer rate.
- Connections to your public cloud without direct connectivity have more latency, do not have a guaranteed level of service, and are less secure.
When to use 365's Cloud Connectivity Services
There are several use cases for which cloud connectivity is desirable, including:
- Working with Large Data Sets: Transferring large data sets over the Internet can be time consuming and expensive. If you are like most businesses, you have procured just enough bandwidth to meet your web and email needs, and share that Internet connection across the entire enterprise. When you use the cloud, you can find that transferring large data sets can be slow because your business’s critical network traffic is contending for bandwidth with your other Internet usage. To decrease the amount of time required to transfer your data, you could increase the bandwidth to your Internet service provider, which frequently requires a costly contract renewal and a minimum commitment. With Cloud Connectivity, you can transfer your business critical data directly from your data center, office, or colocation environment into and from your cloud environment, bypassing your Internet service provider and removing network congestion. Furthermore, the service’s simple pay as-you-go pricing, and no minimum commitment means you pay only for the network ports you use and the data you transfer over the connection, which can greatly reduce your networking costs.
- Real-time Data Feeds: Applications that use real-time data feeds can also benefit from using cloud connectivity„ . For example, applications which require voice and video perform best when network latency remains constant. Network latency over the Internet can vary given that the Internet is constantly changing how data gets from point A to B. With 365’s cloud connectivity service, you control how your data is routed, which can provide a more consistent network experience over Internet-based connections.
- Hybrid Environments: Cloud Connectivity can help you build hybrid environments that satisfy regulatory requirements requiring the use of private connectivity. Hybrid environments allow you to combine the elasticity and economic benefits of cloud services with the ability to utilize other infrastructure that you already own.